Defending Clients Against Serious Criminal Accusations
Violent crimes, from assault to murder, carry some of the most significant penalties in the criminal justice system. If you have been accused of a violent crime, you could be facing a substantial prison sentence, the loss of your job, and a permanent criminal record.
San Mateo violent crime attorney Charles B. Smith — a former prosecutor and former police officer — more than 25 years of experience in California's criminal justice system. He has the experience and integrity to defend clients against charges such as the following:
- Assault and battery: There are two sides to every assault or battery accusation. If you hire our firm to defend you, Mr. Smith will make sure your side of the story is heard. We will work hard to protect you from serious penalties and a permanent criminal record.
- Aggravated assault: If you have been accused of assaulting someone with a deadly weapon or causing serious bodily injury in a battery, you could be facing felony criminal penalties. Our firm will explore all options for helping you avoid these consequences.
- Manslaughter: While manslaughter may be a lesser charge compared to murder, it is still a felony that can carry a major prison sentence. If you have been charged with manslaughter, Mr. Smith will make sure you get the best possible defense.
- Vehicular manslaughter: If you are accused of causing an auto accident in which someone died, you could be facing the serious consequences of a vehicular manslaughter conviction. We will carefully explore all possible strategies for fighting your charges.
- Murder: If you have been accused of murder, felony murder, conspiracy to commit murder or any other homicide offense, we will aggressively protect your rights. Mr. Smith has tried murder cases as a defense lawyer and is a former six-year homicide prosecutor.
Mr. Smith will take the time to carefully investigate the facts of your case and gain an understanding of your side of the story. He will then work diligently to pursue the best possible outcome for you, which may involve a dismissal, acquittal or reduction of your charges.
Call a San Francisco Assault Defense Lawyer at 650-425-7703
If you have been charged with a violent crime in California, it is important to talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. To schedule a free consultation, call us at 650-425-7703 or e-mail us. We accept credit cards, are available outside of regular business hours, and regularly visit our clients who are in jail.