Committed to Legal Excellence with Integrity and Compassion with 30 Years of Criminal Defense Experience in San Mateo
This unique experience allows Mr. Smith to be able to question the propriety of the procedures the police followed in your case and to anticipate and be prepared to defend you against prosecutorial tactics.
Charles B. Smith's legal experience:
- Former prosecutor who has handled thousands of criminal cases including cases ranging from DUI to complex special circumstance murder cases.
- Former police officer in San Mateo County.
- Professor at the College of San Mateo for over 20 years. Mr. Smith has taught a variety of classes including Criminal Law, Criminal Investigation, and Principals and Procedures of the Justice System.
- Has handled thousands of criminal cases and has tried over 100 criminal jury trials.
- Holds and Bachelors of Science degree in Administration of Justice.
- Instructed police officers in the investigation of gang activity, homicide, sexual assault and narcotics investigations at the Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) Academy.
- Has served three times as a juror, including 18 months on a Federal Grand Jury.
Our firm combines experience and effectiveness with discreet client service. We have represented a variety of clients ranging from professional athletes, to CEOs of large corporations, to high school and middle school students, working families, to recent immigrants and stay at home parents. We want to stress the importance of having you realize there is hope, you have options, and we work hard to discover creative solutions and defense approaches to the criminal charges against you. We will make sure that we discuss your options, the possible consequences of each, and make sure you really understand those options throughout the legal process.
Contact the Law Offices of Charles B. Smith Today
We handle a broad range of criminal charges, including robbery, assault, DUI/DWI, drug crimes, domestic violence, fraud and white collar crimes like embezzlement. If you are facing criminal charges anywhere in San Mateo County, contact a local firm with strong roots who can offer you the personal attention you need when facing serious legal consequences. We accept credit cards as payment for our legal services, remain accessible to clients after hours, and offer free initial consultations. We are also conveniently located in San Mateo. Call us at 650-425-7703 or contact us online.